Solved by verified expert :BCOM 275 Final Exam
1) The message refers to which of
2) This preparation process
involves looking at the characteristics of the receivers of the
3) The term channel in
4) This act is involuntary and
5) With this type of response, you
analyze or teach the sender about the cause of his or her
6) This response style normally
does not help unless the sender has asked for your advice.
7) A claim is generally not
considered credible if
8) Which of the following is a
category of reasonless advertising?
9) Consider the following exchange:
“How do I know God exists? How do you know he
doesn’t?” Which fallacy does the
second statement illustrate?
10) Providing only two choices when
others are available defines which fallacy?
11) Consider the following
statement: “Studies confirm what everyone already knows: Smaller
class sizes make better learners.”
This is an example of which fallacy?
12) Stating someone has negative
features and his claim is invalid is an example of which
13) Demographics include which of
14) Audience analysis should occur
at what point in the creation of a message?
15) Measurable or observable
characteristics of your audience are called
16) You want to discuss your
performance review and possible raise with your boss. The most
effective channel to do this would
17) In this channel of
communication, messages are carried by sound and light waves.
18) Which informal communication
channel involves its own abbreviations to accommodate
the limited number of characters
available in any given message?
19) What type of language is used
when communicating with classmates, coworkers, family,
20) When using expert testimonials,
speakers should do which of the following?
21) A framework for putting all of
your information together in a logical sequence is called
22) Persuasive topics that attempt
to show an audience that something is good, bad, right, or
wrong are topics of
23) If you try to persuade your
classmates to donate canned goods for the hungry in your
community, your topic is one of
24) When you use an expression like
raining cats and dogs, you are using
25) When you display ethos in your
persuasive presentation, you have
26) When you lead, instruct,
challenge, or introduce your audience to act on or accept your
solution, you are at which step of
Monroe’s Motivated Sequence?
27) What logical fallacy can occur
when a speaker focuses on similarities and ignores
28) A concept proposing that
negative cultural assumptions about a group can create for its
members a belief in those
assumptions is called
29) An attempt to characterize
causes of events to either personalities or external situations is
30) Groups that value higher power
distance believe relationships are
31) Utilitarianism is part of this
perspective on moral reasoning.
32) What is the belief that correct
moral principles are those accepted by the correct religion
33) What is the belief that laws
are justified if they prevent a person from harming him- or
herself known as?